Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 3

Today started off with breakfast at 7:30am. Had fruit salad, croissant, mango juice, and vegetable fried rice.
Our first stop was Kinkakuji, the Temple of the Golden Pavilion. I've seen this in movies and books, and finally I got to see it in person:


After that, we went to Ryoanji, a famous Zen temple, and checked out the rock garden and landscape gardens:


After that we ate lunch at a small restaurant in Kyoto. I had beef something or other. I'd honestly rather not know what it was.


From there, we went to a Shinto shrine in Kyoto, as well as a forest place that was filled with monkeys. They were wandering around like we weren't even there and stuff.


After the monkeys, we went to The Temple of the Heavenly Dragon, another famous Zen temple. It was pretty cool:


Then we went back to our hotel for a quick break, where I am now (using my roommate's laptop so I don't have to deal with that ridiculous Japanese keyboard).
We're going to go out on a lantern tour later this evening, which should be interesting. I don't know if I'll do much sightseeing aside from that, as I'm pretty tired still.
Going to go look for dinner after I post this.