Thursday, March 18, 2010

Day 8ish

Brief update, pics will come some other time.

Went to the Toyota manufacturing plant and museum. Watching the robots weld the cars was pretty cool. At the museum they had a demonstration for an "i-unit," which was crazy. I'll get pics up later.
After that, we went back to Nagoya to get our luggage, then departed for Tokyo.

Arrived in Tokyo around 6pm. This city is pretty incredible, and we've only seen a small part of it so far (Ikebukuro). Our hotel, however, is pretty lame. Literally just a youth hostel. Our room is four bunk beds and a little floor space. Showers don't include towels, so I will have to go out and buy one later. I don't think I will spend much time at the hotel.
Wandered around with some other guys for a while, finally ate dinner at a place where you grill your own meat on a charcoal grill in the middle of the table. That wasn't filling, so we went and got some excellent ramen at a street corner restaurant. We went and checked out a Bic Camera, which is kind of like Target except covering seven stories. I picked up a Transformers Music Label Soundwave there (working mp3 player that turns into G1 Soundwave). After that we went back to the hotel for a little while, then wandered the streets again for a while. Returned to the hotel at around 11pm and called it a night.

Today we're touring around Tokyo. Again, I'll try and get some pics up later.